January 8, 2009

A bit of research

A few of the sources I've started to go through for track plans (or at least track plan ideas) include the HO HOGRR, the Model Railroader Track Plan database, Coffee Table Layouts and Carl's Micro/Small Layout Designs. I think Carl's site is probably going to be closest to what I am looking for although I'm not looking to build this into a shoebox either so perhaps expanding on some of the ideas presented there will be a reasonable compromise.

A few layout books I've gathered over the years include Small, Smart & Practical Track Plans from Iain Rice, Basic Model Railroad Track Plans: Small Starter Layouts You Can Build from Kent Johnson and 48 Top Notch Track Plans: From Model Railroader Magazine from Bob Hayden. All three have had possibilities in them however most are too large so I'll be looking for small sections or elements that might work in a smaller plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment